Lesson 9: An Assortment of Worksheets 2 August 2010

Yesterday, the lesson was dedicated to going through our worksheets. Mdm Riza continued with the checking of our workbook exercises from where we left off from the previous lesson. There was one question that i did not know how to do entirely. It was only after Mdm Riza's explanation did I know how to answer the question. I learnt that the "yellow powder" stated in the question is actually sulfur. I also learnt that we have to observe the question very carefully as it will give us clues as how to solve the question. The unknown substance, X, is a metal as it is attracted to a magnet. This metal is iron filings. This is an example of careful observation. In another worksheet, I got a question wrong. The question asked "What would happen if neutrons was missing from an atom?" Actually, the atom would collapse inwards as the electrons and protons would be attracted to one another, therefore resulting in the stated consequence. I enjoyed it when Mdm Riza gave us additional information about chemical equations which transformed from word equations. I think that this lesson was a really fruitful one and i enjoyed myself tremendously!!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment